Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Masterchef, stick a fork in me - I'm done

Channel 10's Masterchef is doing quite well in the ratings and is the usual reality tv fare. I've been watching it here and there and while there are a few likable characters (I adore judge Matt Preston - his outfits are the most entertaining part of the show) there is one very particular sticking point as to why this show is almost unbearable.

I've got two words for you: George. Calombaris.

And it's not as if you can watch it on mute because his physical appearance is one of the contributing factors. Besides the fact that he is repulsive in every sense, he is also one of the most egotistical wankers on Australian TV - and that's saying a LOT! *waves to Ray Martin*.

I could probably happily watch the show if it weren't for him spitting out inane comments like "Cook like it's gonna save the world, yeah?!" - you idiot. And all those shots of him shoveling food into that insipid little mouth of his - puke!

I don't understand why people like him so much, let's get one thing straight: he cooks. That's all. He probably cooks quite well and makes a whole lot of money but he's no Jacques Raymond.

I may be exaggerating slightly - basically the show is Big Brother with meat on a stick - how far wrong can you go with it?

I only wish they would keep Mr Calombaris away from the camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment