Sunday, March 22, 2009

Britters Speech Impediment

I just switched on the teev and was affronted by the latest Britney Spears video clip for her new song "If U Seek Amy" (please note the artistic use of the letter 'U' replacing the word) ... which begs the initial question, "Who the fuck is Amy?" ... - but should it be "Who is fucking Amy?" - explanation; I couldn't figure out what she was saying and decided it was suitably stupid to make fun of here - so googled the lyrics and here's what I found;

Version 1:
La la la la la la la la
la la la la la la la la (2x)

Oh baby baby have you seen Amy tonight?
Is she in the bathroom? Is she smokin up outside? Ouuh
Oh baby baby does she take a piece of lime
For the drink that I’ma buy her
Do you know just what she likes so?
Oh oh tell me have you seen her
Cuz I’m so-oh oh
I can’t get her out of my brain
I just wanna go to the party she gon’ go
Can somebody take me home?
Ha ha he he ha ha ho

Love me, hate me
Say what you want about me
But all of the boys and all of the girls are begging to If U Seek Amy
Love me, hate me
But can’t you see what I see?
All of the boys and all of the girls are begging to If U Seek Amy
Love me, hate me

(... and so on and so forth - I won't punish you with the rest).

The interesting thing is that a second version I found had a distinctly different message in the chorus;

Love me hate me, say what you want about me
But all of the boys and all of the girls are begging to F U C K amy
Love me hate me, but can't you see what I see?
All of the boys and all of the girls are begging to F U C K amy


Either way, I vote second stupidest lyrics so far for 2009 (second to anything Lady Ga Ga pens of course).

No comments:

Post a Comment