Monday, March 30, 2009

Today Tonight Bollocks

A 36 year old woman with 15 kids was the opening story of today's episode of supposed current affairs show Today Tonight (channel 7, 7pm).

The story is of the "poor Aussie battler" variety - you see, the darling has had to ditch some of the kiddles because no home is big enough for them all ... get ready for the collective "ohhhhhhhhh".

She and the hubby don't believe in abortion you see - interestingly I didn't see any crucifix over the kitchen table and I doubt the woman is familiar with the story of the virgin Mary - so I'm wondering, ever heard of contraception?

Reminds me of a catchy Monty Python number;



I can't believe no one on the TT team didn't think of using that song! It's right up their alley and would save the gratuitous use of stock footage.

I'm looking forward to seeing the same woman in next weeks "Welfare Cheat" story where it's uncovered that she has been receiving Parenting and Families payments for the children not in her care.

No comments:

Post a Comment