Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Packed with Advertising

I've noticed during the final ad-break for Packed to the Rafters (channel 7, Tuesdays 8:30pm) that there is an advertisement for Sunrise with Mel and Kochie talking about a hot-topic from the show. For example, tonight it was something like this; (Kochie says to camera) "Wow, Trish certainly has some tough times ahead, join us tomorrow when we talk about separation and finding yourself divorced in middle-age." (- relating to the plot-line of tonight's Rafters and the character "Trish" dealing with her divorce).

It's been happening every week. Then of course, the Sunrise ad is followed by an ad featuring Jessica McNamee (who plays Sammy in the show, and is also currently starring in channel 7's Dancing with the Stars) flogging some kind of insurance. Later in the ad break we have Zoe Ventoura (who plays Mel) flogging a skin product.

And another thing - speaking of overkill, I'm looking at you Delta Goodrem. Let's see, Delta flogs Nintendo DS, Sunsilk, So Good, Proactive skin products, and even Australia in general ...

I couldn't tell you when she last released an album - or anything she's done in the way of singing actually (besides above, of course) - I guess the ads are paying pretty well.

Oh, and if that's still not enough, you can also see Delta in ads for Australian Idol at the moment where she will be featuring as a guest judge.

3 comments:

  1. Oh I saw the Mel (hitlist) and Kochie thing. And I actually said to my husband - 'Wow, I'm sure Sunrise'll solve ALL your separation problems!'. So lame.

    Actually, the PTTR ep last night was lame too. Such a clique! Was cringing when I saw them washing the dog and having a waterfight. Oh, and of course Zoe was wearing a headscarf, because she was 'doing work around the house'. Bah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tee hee, that's brilliant - I was cringing at the dog-washing scene too - but more for the fact that they were getting the dirty, flea-ridden dog water in their mouths! Call me OCD but I would be wearing a full toxic-hazard suite washing a stray dog!

    I'm very much losing interest in PTTR. I realised that nearly every character annoys me. I particularly hate Ben, the grandpa, Sammy and Nathan, Sammy's mother and Rachael's current love interest ... that doesn't leave me with much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto on the swallowing flea-water.

    But I'm also not much of a dog person. I saw a woman at the beach the other day in a tiny hatchback with three BIG dogs - they all piled in the back, and I remember thinking - Wow, that car must smell fab! Gross.

    ReplyDelete