Tuesday, April 28, 2009

10 new mental health issues in 10 days!

This article in The Age's Green Guide made me wonder just how tragic this show could be - after all, I had watched the American show The Swan which was one of the most shockingly sad pieces of "entertainment" I'd ever seen.

That was back in 2004 and I was shocked and revolted but thought - hey - anything can happen in America right?

Here's a reminder of The Swan;


So tonight I sat down to watch 10 Years Younger in 10 Days on channel 7 (hosted by Sonia Kruger) and I must say, I was equally horrified.

I think the worst part was at the 'reveal' when the couple finally got to see each other and the husband said to his trembling wife under the cloak of an embrace; "are you happy?". It wasn't the question necessarily, it was the way he said it. It was heartbreaking.

The show took these simple, country folk and 'glammed' them up to the high heavens so they were unrecognisable and then sent them back on their merry way to the farm and a life that could hardly sustain the chemical-peels, blonde-highlights and botox "fillers".

It's horrible. More so than I assumed from the promo's.

No comments:

Post a Comment