Monday, May 11, 2009

Dave in the Life

Well the new SBS program Dave in the Life just aired and I quite liked it.

Not only did it tackle one of my favourite subjects: Shock Jocks (oh how I loathe them, oh how I seethe with contemptuous animosity) but it also featured the wonderful new premises of Melbourne's own Triple R.

I put this show in the same category as Lawrence Leung's Choose Your Own Adventure - let's call it the "Charming Lads Doing Stuff" category. I am more impressed with the narrative and production values of Dave than Lawrence - but Lawrence had a few more laugh out loud moments. I'm not sure if Dave is supposed to be funny as much as a story-teller. Either way, I didn't want to change the channel!

Jolly good show (- thought I might as well continue with the 'lad'-induced British pomp factor).

Indeed.
By the way - one reviewer compared the young Dave to Louis Theroux which is simply not fair. Louis Theroux is an accomplished documentary-maker with resources galore and years of experience. Give Dave a break!

No comments:

Post a Comment