Thursday, May 28, 2009

Thank God for the New Generation

I wonder if channel 10 lost any sleep over Thank God You're Here moving to channel 7? It seems they needn't have. The super-fun-time that is Talkin' 'bout your Generation (channel 10, Tuesdays, 7:30pm) is giving it a good run for its money in the ratings. I would love to see these two pitted against each other on the same night - or even a fisticuffs between the two lovable hosts - perhaps a mud-wrestle? ... too far?

I've actually found myself wanting the teams on Your Generation to shut the hell up so the focus gets back to Shaun Micallef - his hilarious intros and outros are pure comedy gold. I just don't understand why he's not married to me (his wife probably does, and good for her).

Anyway, I'm finding Thank God You're Here to be a bit tired this year. At first I thought it could be the guests, but even the genius of Tony Martin last night could hardly keep me interested. The performances are a little lack-lustre and, dare I say it, self-indulgent.

Or maybe the TGYH train is leaving the station and the new generation is pulling in.

No comments:

Post a Comment