Thursday, May 28, 2009

Specky Dissapointment



Speaking of self-indulgent, I really hate to say it, but I think the ABC's Spicks and Specks (Wednesday, 8:30pm) has well and truly jumped the shark. I've been consistently tuning in - hoping to see some spark of life but there is just nothing. It's doing great guns in the ratings, giving aunty a good boost, but everyone I speak to about it is feeling the same way.

Poor Myf has lost her shine since she moved-on-up to commercial radio (the strain of the breakfast shift is certainly taking its toll on her usual exuberance) and Adam Hills seems to be taking every opportunity to indulge his own interest in ... well ... himself.

The thing is that Adam, Myf and Allan are all very likable people - there's just something NQR about the show lately ... I honestly don't think I will persist in punishing myself any longer and tuning in - except for those few minutes at the end so I don't miss the start of the Chaser of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment