Sunday, July 19, 2009

100th POST!!

This is the
100th Screamedia post

... which I thought needed some fireworks.

So here is one of the greatest moments in Australian broadcast history; the lighting of the Sydney 2000 Olympic torch by Cathy Freeman. This was aired on channel 7 on Friday the 15th of September 2000;

*be sure to pay particular attention around the 3 minute mark when the mechanism jolts and the cauldron is stuck for about 4 minutes before the computer glitch was overridden and it was able to glide up the ramp.

And while I'm talking about HUGE moments in Australian TV, here's the most famous TV wedding of all time ... (well, besides Prince Charles and Princess Diana of course);


On a serious note (tissues at the ready) thanks so much for reading and commenting - I hope you've found something to amuse or enlighten you.

- If not, stick with it, I promise I'll come good!

No comments:

Post a Comment