Monday, July 6, 2009

Ferguson Out

Only days after the launch of channel 9's THIS Afternoon, newsreader Mark Ferguson announced he will be moving to channel 7. Seven CEO David Lecke took the opportunity to have a swipe at Nine;
“Although we are not announcing his job description just yet, I know we can offer him something far more challenging and exciting than THIS Afternoon.”
Ferguson has been with Nine for over 17 years - rumour has it that he will be reading weekend news on Seven.

THIS Afternoon has not had good reviews - I managed to catch the first 20 minutes or so on Friday but found myself changing the channel because the content was so slow and dry. There was an awful lot of awkward banter between the hosts as well which makes for uncomfortable viewing.

2 comments:

  1. I always found Katrina Blowers' voice really annoying. Look she may be lovely, but THAT VOICE. Surely that adds to the cringy-ness of the show? Thankfully I've missed it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I hardly got to hear her voice (sounds like thankfully) because Daddo kept cutting her off - they were mostly talking over each other and laughing awkwardly.

    I'm guessing if you don't see it in the next week or so you never will!

    ReplyDelete